Saturday, January 16, 2010

Scavenger Hunt at Mommy's work

12.28.09
My coworker Joy was taking charge of ordering Roaring Springs passes for next years season. (We decided to use our Christmas money from Grandma Marie and Grandpa Larry and buy our passes. We will think of you all summer long Grandma and Grandpa!) I had agreed to meet her at my work and knew the boys probably wouldn't be up for the trip. So, I thought I could turn it into something fun for Trey. I decided I would teach Trey a few vocabulary words (Radiologist, patient, x-rays and x-ray machine.) and we would go on a Scavenger Hunt throughout my work.

My plan worked and Trey was so excited to go to my work. My coworkers were so sweet, they showed him the x-ray machine (and somehow Trey remembered the time Joy let him shoot an x-ray of a boy who wasn't wearing his helmet while riding his bike. The memory on this boy is amazing.) and some x-rays. Trey also got to see a patient waiting in the waiting room. We ended up our "hunt" with giving Joy our money for our passes and receiving a bottle of water just for Trey from our friend and my coworker Deidra. Trey thought he was the coolest boy ever.
The only item on our Scavenger Hunt list we never did find was a Radiologist. I wasn't about to interupt them in the reading room!




Like Trey's New Year's beads? He is a few days early but very prepared. The clipboard is what he carried around my work. So official.

(I guess Trey didn't like my "X-Ray" drawing because he drew a picture of his bones and muscles right beside my picture. He also wanted to practice how to write Joy's name.)

No comments: