Monday, January 11, 2010

What was supposed to be a nice stroll...

12.23.09
...turned into a nightmare-ish 1/4 mile haul.

While my Dad, Robert and Justin were at the movies watching Avitar (one of the greatest movies Justin has seen in a long time. In his words of course!), we decided to take a walk to the mailbox. This is not just a walk out your front door and up the sidewalk, this is a 1/4 mile walk down my parents dirt driveway. Trey needed to express some energy, Tian needed the fresh air, and my Mom and I enjoy the time spent together doing just about anything! So, we bundled up the boys, Derek grabbed his bike, and we were off.

Not too long into our walk, Tian wanted to be held. This was a bad sign and I should have turned back, but didn't.


This is Trey after running the whole way down the driveway. Notice the transformer in hand. (Dumb Mrs. Claus didn't read the packaging at Wal-Mart and got a Transformer Figure, NOT a real Transformer. Oh well, he didn't seem to mind.)




Here is sweet Tian walking beside my Mom...



and here is monster Tian throwing a royal fit because I wouldn't hold him the entire way back. I know, I am the world's worst mother, but I HAD to take pictures JUST to prove to those who THINK Tian is all smiles and happy ALL OF THE TIME. He is not, and these are the pictures to prove it...






No, he is not hurt, just refusing to walk.



Look at this sad face. This is actually the face he made on a regular base during our Christmas break. More on that later!!!
Needless to say, my back ached for days and days after our walk due to carrying this 23 pounder 1/4 mile.



We made it home, alive, and in one piece.

2 comments:

sauter signs off said...

If I didn't know that Tian was just having a fit I would think he was hurt in the middle of the driveway. And the close-up of him crying... I had to laugh! Everyone should know that I tried carrying him back home, but like most kids that aren't feeling well.. all he wanted was his MOM!!! And GrandMom wouldn't do!

the davis family blog said...

Isn't so funny how even our little guys can have a stubborn streak. I feel your back pain. Chase wanted me to carry him throughout grocery shopping!!!