Thursday, August 19, 2010

congratulations to Shane and Chelsea Ann Stevens

5.28.10
My dearest friend Chelsea Ann delivered twins, Bentley and Greyson late Friday night. She was induced early that morning, and I will let you in on a little secret: I was on pins and needles the whole day!!! My co-workers were asking for hourly updates as I worked with my cell phone on vibrate, in my shirt pocket throughout the day. At 11am when I received a call from Shane, Chelsea Ann's husband, I about came out of my skin, screaming! All he wanted was a little tutorial on how to upload pictures to their family blog. Chelsea Ann was still going strong, he informed me, but was still in labor. Shane and I talked a little off and on for the next hour, but then I didn't hear back from them until about 11pm that night. I went visit teaching, put my boys to bed, STILL waiting on pins and needles to hear how Chelsea Ann's labor went. I was sooooo grateful to hear from Shane that the twins were doing amazing, and after a long and crazy birth and after recovery, my dearest and one of my closest friends was a mother. A dream she had always had and wished it would come true. She was a mother; and already a great one at that!

I love you with all of my heart my spthouse (a little nickname I gave her our Senior year in high school!) and am so happy for the little babes in your life. You were already a perfect mother, you just needed those perfect spirits to be given to you to make your motherhood dream come true. If you would like to read about Chelsea Ann's birth or follow the progression of her sweet babes, here is her Blog

The selfish friend that I admit I am, I went and visited with Chelsea Ann and Shane for about 3 hours the evening after the babes were born. We actually wished them a Happy 1st Day Birthday while I was there. Bentley Skye and I bonded for about an hour while Chelsea Ann and I chatted. Chelsea Ann and I laughed throughout the evening, saying how thankful we were to be so close, as nurses came in to check every orifice Chelsea has on her body, and taught her how to breastfeed. Yes, Chelsea Ann and I have seen each other at our best, in the buff, in the bathroom, whatever you have it, we have seen each other BASICALLY in all situations, so, it didn't bother me in the least bit! (and with the Breastfeeding comment, HELLO, I deal with breasts on a weekly base at work. The ones I see aren't lactating though.)I am grateful to have shared so many experiences with my Chelsea Ann! Love you Chels!




(a pictures requested by Chelsea Ann herself. Little Bentley Skye's feet, the little babe is sleeping in her bed!)


Papa Hill

Mama and Papa Hill. Mama Hill has been through twins herself. She is a PRO! (check out the survivor Chelsea Ann is. All those IV's sticking out of her hand?! She is a champ!)

Greyson

Bentley Skye with an orange bow in her hair. Shane picked out the color for Chelsea Ann.
Grandma Stevens
Stevens room at hospital

No comments: