Thursday, August 19, 2010

Crazy Hair Day

I have to admit, Trey and Tian's preschool/daycare have some pretty fun days. This day in particular was "Crazy Hair Day" for Trey. Tian joined in on the fun when he saw Trey getting red put into his hair. Trey, the over achiever went a little extreme and dressed as a superhero, complete with mask and his superhero cape made by the crafty Jessyka.

Years ago, I worked at an Urgent Care, doing mammograms, bone density tests, AND the Urgent Care's exams. We worked with some crazy nurses, and even crazy-er receptionist. One receptionist was nicknamed, "The lady with blood in her hair" because: #1.We never knew her name. and #2.She had blood-red streaks in her blonde, blonde hair. AND, it wasn't Halloween OR "Crazy Hair Day." THAT was how she wanted her hair to look like. So, as I was styling Tian's hair with the red gel, all I could think about was "the lady with blood in her hair" I worked with many, many years ago! (I later had a reunion WITH this reception once Trey was born. We were taking Trey to a urologist and the "nurse" was "the lady with blood in her hair." I first wanted to giggle when she came to get baby, baby Trey and I from the waiting room, and THEN, I wanted to cry. I knew she hadn't been a "nurse, MA or LPN" for any length of period and I got a little paniced. Luckily, she was no longer with Trey's urologist a month after our first appointment! Our urologist was WAY too good for that lady!)

When I dropped Tian off to Miss Denise, his favorite teacher, she looked a bit concerned. Truly, it did look like he had blood in his hair. I reassured her it was gel and that Trey's hair also looked like this!






(notice the red necklace with the outfit? Everything has to match. In fact, I even think he was wearing red underwear that morning!)

1 comment:

sauter signs off said...

Love the hair Trey! A year ago he'd be scared if he saw someone dressed like he is.