Thursday, August 19, 2010

graduation morning for cousin Jori

6.5.10
"I love technology" (a song made famous by the quirky, and one of my all time favorite movies Napoleon Dynamite!). If it weren't for technology, families would lose touch and never experience life's accomplishments. Let me begin.

I have an uncle who lives in Doha, Qatar with his family. He works for the government in the Embassy and lives out of the country. He was first stationed in Chile, right now they live in Doha, and next year they will be transferred to Greece. (terrible life huh?!) Well, one of my cousins, Jori, was graduating High School and we were all invited to attend her Graduation in Doha! Yes, you heard that right. Now did we attend, that is up to YOU to decide!

We were given a web link for the Graduation Ceremony, which would begin on Saturday morning at 8am, and through our computers and the Internet, we were able to watch the ceremony! What a blessing technology is.

The ceremony seemed to last quite a while, with poor sound and a lot of speakers, but as we watched, I was filled with emotions and the Spirit. How lucky we are to have eternal families. Even though we don't see our families abroad often, we will always be united to them.


My mom and I chatted between speakers, here is her rundown of the ceremony from Bend, Oregon! We counted, there were 5 states watching Jori's graduation at once. She is so loved!

Here are pictures for proof we were "at" the graduation ceremony. First, a picture of Trey's "breakfast." That's right, a gummy worm. (he also woke up and asked to wear his necklace he made at preschool the day before. He was ALL festive for the graduation!)


Tian was bored during the graduation, so, I put a DVD on for him which soon put him to sleep. See Jori, you graduation wasn't what put Tian to sleep!




<>there is the graduating class, and there is Trey, having a second course for Breakfast. Graham crackers. Yummy!

Congratulations Jori! Now, onto natural healing training in a foreign country I am VERY unfamiliar with. Whatever you decide to embark, you will excel my sweet cousin.

No comments: