Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Gas and Friends in Burns, Oregon

11.25.07
No, our friends did NOT have gas. Get your head out of the gutter! But there WILL be some bathroom talk. As I was exiting a restroom in the small town of Burns, Oregon on our way home from Bend over our Thanksgiving Holiday, I heard my name. I wanted to bust out of there, being in my pj's for heaven's sake and barely brushing my hair, let alone my teeth for that matter, I was dying. Who could it be? I slowly turned in the voice's direction, and to my pleasant surprise, it was Shane Stevens, my best friend from High School's husband. Chelsea Ann Hill (now Chelsea Ann Stevens!!!) and I grew up in Bend, we were college roommates, she was my bride's maid and we both ended up marrying guys from Idaho. We actually live about 5 miles from eachother in Nampa! I was so excited to see them. Chelsea had with her 2 of her younger sisters who I hadn't seen for years! They were a little crammed in their car and we offered to take some of their belongings with us. You might think we are kind people, but the offering was more for selfish reasons: we mostly did it for the opportunity to visit with them more once the trip was completed. That evening they came to claim their goods and we were able to hear about the rest of their holiday!
Lesson to me: NEVER travel in your pj's. Even though Chelsea has seen me in all of my glory, you never know WHO you might run into in a gas station.

No comments: