Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Just Married?!

11.24.07
This one's for you mom!
So, my mom and I have had running "games" if you will for several years now. It always deals with a camera, and something silly we see out in our daily lives. For years, we would secretly take pictures of nasty "Mullets." I once stooped to the level of hiding behind my shopping cart in the WinCo parking lot to get a picture of what we called a "MexiMullet," developed the picture and sent it to her as a postcard. Now that the "fad" of mullets have officially dwindled off, we have now taken interest in "Just Married" cars.
A few months ago I found a postcard in my mailbox. It was of a very old camper and beat-up truck with the words "Just Married" written across the back window, parked at a McDonalds. On the back of the postcard, my mom mentioned what an awful way to spend the first day of your lives, eating breakfast at a McDonalds and sleeping in an old camper. (and as I write this, I have a fear that I might offend someone if they truly DID do this on their honeymoon-sleep in a camper and eat at a McDonald's. So, I quickly will apologize!!!!)
Well, while waiting in a rather long line for gas at the local Fred Meyer's in Bend, Oregon, a scary, almost pedophile-looking white van pulled up next to us, and my Mom and I just about busted our guts. Written on more windows than one were the words, "Just Married!" So, of course I had my camera at arms reach and I quickly took some candid shots of the newly married couple. I fail to post the picture of the blushing bride, who knows if she would have liked to appear on my blog, and I wasn't ABOUT to tell her what we were up to. So, cheers to the happy couple who filled up at Freddy's. We sure enjoyed our laughs!

No comments: