Tuesday, November 27, 2007

"let it snow"

11.24.07
Justin and my brother Taylor wanted to take their dogs out hiking, and even though Trey loves to go on hikes, I knew it wasn't a hike he would enjoy. So, my mom, my brother Derek, me and Trey all loaded into our car and we set our sights for the mountains where we could find some snow!
On our drive towards Mt. Bachelor, Trey fell asleep and wasn't too happy when we arrived at the snow-mobile park. Trey wanted me to get out the stroller and push him around the park. I told him we don't push strollers up big mountains IN THE SNOW, and he eventually came around to the idea of hiking.
Derek has amazing endurance and basically ran up the hill. My mom had just heard a story about a teenage boy with Autism who was hiking with his parents and got a little too far ahead of the group and became lost. I think she was a little nervous, so we quickly followed Derek, as fast as we could with a 2 year old in tow.
There wasn't enough snow to build a snow man or do snow angels, but there was enough to get a glimpse of what this winter may look like!





Bless my Mom's heart, she is always willing to help others!



No comments: