Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Sick Day for Trey-Man

11.27.07
Trey-Man came home from Bend sick, and my work was kind and considerate enough to let me have a day off so I could take care of my little guy.
What a day of bonding and recuperation we had. Trey knew he was sick, I think he played it up a little too well for a 2 year old.
Whenever he is hurt, he always needs a band aid. Well, he couldn't tell what was hurting him, but he knew he needed a band aid.

And no, I did NOT step on his feet, he just decided that his feet hurt. (I actually think he was looking for an excuse to use the cute Curious George band aids. As of this posting, the box is GONE! Every one, last band aid has been stuck to either me or him!)

Another favorite of his, and not just on sick days, but every day, are his "Bear Candies." They are GummiVites, and for those of you who aren't privileged enough to have your child ask, cry, BEG for these yummy morsels, they are gummy bear vitamins. Yes, I could eat the whole bottle myself, but they say you are only supposed to take 2 a day. Trey usually asks for "2 red ones please" first thing in the morning, then an hour later, he wants 2 more, and an hour later, TWO MORE! Seriously, these vitamins consume the poor little guys days. And when he is sick, he usually gets what he wants, but I put my foot down on the overload of vitamins!!!



After a morning of laziness (and not just on Trey's part I will admit!), it was nap time for sick-boy and when he woke up, I wanted to run!!!


SCARY MAN! Sun's Up, 'Noon is here, up and at 'em engineer! This engineer was NOT feeling it! He was sad, mad, and confused!
I didn't know what he was wanting to eat, so I offered some bite-sized little cookies that boast to have vitamins fortified in every bite (yeah, I don't buy it!) and a nutrigrain bar. It was amazing what a little sugar could do for a sick boy!




He finally wanted to get dressed and was running around like a mad man. To top off the whole day, I had promised him the night before that if he took his antibiotics (instead of spitting it out all over my face and shirt!) I would give him ice cream. So, campfire ice cream it was on a sugar cone. Who says sugar doesn't do the body good. Look at this smile!!


No comments: