Wednesday, May 7, 2008

GiGi and G.Pa

5.8.08
It is time for GiGi and G.Pa to leave the ranch in Bend and head off to Summer in Salt Lake City. We have been looking forward to their stay with us for quite some time, and in fact, for the past three mornings, Trey has woken up asking, "Where's GiGi and G.Pa?" He really enjoys his one-on-one time with his Great Grandparents, and I am sure when they leave our home, they are grateful that their stay is usually short. Trey gets SOOOOOOO wound up when they arrive. Literally, he spun in circles for at least a half hour straight. My poor Grandfather was flinching for an hour afterwards. My Grandfather said, "I am just not used to all of this movement!" Poor G.Pa.

They brought their cute little bird back from Bend and Trey really wanted to take it out of it's traveling cage to play with it. I told him if he scared it too much, it would break it's wing. (I know, I shouldn't lie.) So, after telling Trey this white lie, he went running to G.Pa and said, "The bird broke it's wing." I felt terrible to cause my Grandpa so much stress. I reasured my Grandpa the bird was fine. THEN, Trey wanted to take pictures of the bird. He has an old camera that just doesn't want to die. I swear, it's batteries have lasted for AT LEAST a year and a half. Well, did I learn from the first white lie? NO! I proceeded to tell Trey that the flash from the camera might kill the bird. WHAT does Trey go and tell my grandparents? That their bird was dead. I should have learned. Honestly, I didn't know what a flash would do to a sweet little bird. And when I say, "FLASH," it could have been hundreds of pictures Trey would have taken. (Look at the genes, I take way too many pictures. I can only blame myself for his obsession.) Somehow, I got Trey off of the bird subject and on to something else. (Probably digging through Grandma's purse or trying on her nightgown. Something he shouldn't have been doing!)

The next morning, everyone woke up bright and early. Justin went and played tennis with his brother before we all woke up, and G.Pa and Trey drew. What did Trey want G.Pa to draw? His bird!!

Trey was sad to see his G.Pa and GiGi go, but we reassured him we will see them in July, at the Bledsoe Family Reunion.


Hugs from GiGi. Check out Trey's bedhead!

Goodbye to G.Pa

It was far too cold for Trey to remain outside to say goodbye, so he watched their car from our front window. If you squint just so, you can see their silver car driving out of our driveway.

No comments: