Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The Visiting Teaching Fiasco

4.20.08
Julie Deason came to visit teach me, right around nap time for Trey today. I didn't think it would really make that big of difference, being around nap time and all, but after she left, I realized how critical nap time really is. First of all, Trey couldn't get enough attention, so he was always calling for me to help him or watch him do something. Then, after about 20 minutes of interuptions, he went into the kitchen. I thought he was getting into something, but at that minute, Julie was getting to the "lesson" portion of our visit, and I thought, "I don't care what Trey is doing (unless he is choking or drinking some lysol, but I figured he wasn't doing any of that. I have a really good ear and I could hear him tinkering in the pantry. And, by the way, we DON'T keep lysol anywhere near the pantry, so I new he wasn't drowning in poison.) So, after Julie finished her lesson, I said, "Well, I better go check on Trey." This is what I walked into:

I told Julie I better start cleaning up all of the dry spagetti sauce that had been dumped on our kitchen floor, she looked at me with big eyes and bolted out our front door. I then realized, "She has 7 kids, I am sure she has had worse!"

After cleaning up the disaster, (which I was kind of grateful for to be honest. Whatever keeps him happy and quiet for a moment is worth the clean-up work in the end!) he went down for a nap. After sleeping for about an hour, he headed out of his room and landed on the couch for an additional hour of sleep.



I guess I should have him play with the dry spagetti sauce more often. Whatever makes him happy and then sends him off to dreamland for any extended period of time is fantastic!

No comments: