Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The Reward: my Cousin's House

4.23.08
After our horrific trip to Merritts (if you don't know what I am talking about, look down a bit on our blog for the blog titled: "Hotsprings." There you will find a tale of a picky eater who chose to sit in his car and wait for his father to finish eating instead of eating with his dad and his friends. So sad!) I cried to my mom about what a picky and horrible eater I have. I want him to have great table manners, I want to be able to eat in public as a family, but at this point, Trey couldn't even sit down for a long enough period of time to eat ONE french fry before bolting off to sneak candy out of the skittles machine AT a NASTY, GREASY food joint. So, my mother's wise advice was to make a Sticker Chart for good table manners. We decided if Trey could earn 5 stickers, one sticker for each meal he could finish without leaving the table, he would earn a reward of some sort. He had all the choices in the world of places to go or things to do; he chose to go to his cousins home.

So, on Wednesday evening, after receiving 5 "High School Musical" stickers (one Chad, 2 Gabriella, and 2 Sharpee's!) we ran over to his cousins home for an evening of fun. His cousins just received a Trampoline, so he couldn't WAIT to get on that thing!



Katie, Trey and Tacy

I explained to his cousins what Trey was working on (eating his meals!) and told his cousins he wanted to go to their home for his reward. As we were leaving, Katie said to Trey, "You can come to our home any day for your reward Trey!" I thought that was so sweet!

No comments: