Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Low Ride Convention

5.10.08
After fishing, we stopped at Sonic to get a nice cold drink. As we drew closer to Sonic, we couldn't believe the crowd. And, once we got even closer, we noticed all of the vehicles parked were Low-Riders. Justin joked, saying, "This must be a low-rider convention," but literally, I think it was. I couldn't resist taking a few pictures. We saw all kinds of low-riders. I guess you could make any vehicle into a low rider. We saw a charger, a VW bug, and a strange "transformer" looking low rider. The coolest one drove up just as we were leaving, you could tell that man put some serious dough into his ride!




The one thing I think I was amused with the most was the type of people that drove these low riders. They were of all different races, but all seemed to be very young, and their girlfriends or wives were either pregnant or pushing a stroller. Kids ran around crazy like, and they all seemed to be having a fantastic time, in the parking lot of Sonic.


Sorry, these pictures aren't the best quality, but I was taking them, very sneaky- like from my car. I didn't really know what kind of people these were, and unfortunately, some of them looked like they were "packing heat," if you get what I am saying! Therefore, pictures from the passenger side window was good enough for me.

We then ventured across the street to a McDonald's to rent a movie from Red Box, where the parking lot wasn't filled with anything better. NO low riders to be seen, but a lot of scary people. I chose to wait in the long line, but continuously glanced back at Justin, who sat in the front seat of our car, with a look on my face like, "If I scream, come and get me!" Once I got our movie, "Dan in Real Life," I basically ran back to our car for safety. I informed Justin we are officially in the ghetto, and get us out of here as fast as you can. I don't know what it is about that side of town, but it gives me the creeps!

3 comments:

Christy said...

This one cracked me up!

Rachel said...

Congrats on the pregnancy! I was looking at your blog a few days ago thinking "I wonder if Rebecca is going to get pregnant soon". Two little boys will be so much fun. You make me sick, by the way, that you can hide being pregnant for this long. I'm sure you're still in your size 3 jeans.

bledsoeblog said...

Rachel, when I found out you were moving, I was so sad. I loved having you come to the hospital to take pictures of Trey, and I knew I wouldn't be able to experience that again! Is there ANY chance you will be in Boise in September? That would be just AMAZING if you were! I would love you forever!