Sunday, September 20, 2009

1st day of school Tradition

9.9.09
The 2nd family tradition for the 1st day of school is a special treat left on your bed. When I was in school, I looked forward to not only coming home to my mom and spilling my guts about the events of the first day of school, but also seeing what kind of surprise she left on my bed. I did the same for Trey and can't wait to keep this tradition alive in our home.

The night before the first day of school, Trey received a blessing from Justin which was also so sweet. Trey was looking forward to Justin giving him a blessing.

Before bed, I had told Trey about my families "special surprise" tradition. He was very excited and intrigued.

Trey received some crackers, Bug Juice (some NASTY juice that is his favorite!), bubble tape (I remember LOVING bubble tape), and a sappy note from yours truly.





Before Trey's nap, we layed on his bed and wrote in his Preschool journal. I want to ask him questions about his day at school and then write his answers in his "Preschool Journal." I am hoping that #1. He will eventually be able to write the answers himself in his journal. and #2. This will keep the lines of communication open and he will look forward to coming home and telling me about his day; just as I was when I would return home from school.

2 comments:

Sommers said...

You are the thoughtfulest person i know. How GREAT would it be to have you for a mom. GREAT idea!!

sauter signs off said...

I hope you wrote down what he told me his Pre-School is called. That makes me laugh! Oh, and how he was trying to explain to me how to do the sign language for apple.. over the phone! Too cute! He is so smart!