Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Date Nite

9.12.09
I couldn't have asked for a better Saturday! Half of the day was spent with friends at Time Out For Women, and the second half was spent with Justin eating yummy food at TGI Fridays while watching the BSU football game (not something we had planned, but the game just so happened to be on at the restaurant. Justin was as happy as a clam!) and then an evening at the Theater watching the play "Sweet Charity."


Justin is torn between me, and the game.

"Sweet Charity" was a play about a lady who was obsessed with finding and falling into love. I don't know exactly WHAT her line of 'work' was, but she insisted she wasn't a prostitute. I would have begged to differ! Justin and I have the greatest seats, I must brag because they are seats I had requested for the whole season, and we sat next to a woman and her daughter. During the play, I kept looking over at the mother to see the expression on her face. She, being around 80, looked a little confused and maybe concerned with the story line of the play. There was one scene of the play that brought me to tears, literally. Most of the cast was on stage for this scene, and they were all obviously 'stoned.' They were singing the same line over and over, swaying back and forth, some dancing crazily, some laying on the stage floor. It was strange and rather uncomfortable to watch, and I still giggle just thinking about the sight. Anyhow, during this "stoned" scene, I looked over at the mother and started laughing hysterically. The look written across the mother's face brought me to tears!

Thanks to our fantastic babysitter Amanda who successfully put our boys to bed. She is the ONLY one who has successfully put both boys to sleep besides us, their wonderful parents, and their wonderful grandparents! Amanda, I will be so sad when you go off and get married!

No comments: