Saturday, September 26, 2009

greenbeans

7.16.09
(this is long overdue, but better late then never)
I got bit by the canning bug. I am not that efficient or that confident, but I enjoy it. I enjoy it even more when I can do it with friends.

I had always heard that canned greenbeans are better then the store bought kind, so we went to the community garden as a family for a family night and picked and picked.

Then, I was invited to Amy Ashby's home to can them. Talk about an amazing lady that Amy is. Her home was filled with kids, she fed them all lunch, got activities for them to do (like sewing! Yeah, Trey and Tian didn't sew, but the big girls did)and gave me and Alyce a tutorial on pressure cooking greenbeans.

Thank you Amy for all of your knowledge, your home, and your patience! Now, our family has some yummy greenbeans thanks to you!




ALL of the kids, and this isn't all of them!
Amy, Alyce, Ashley, Bethy and Trey! (before our friend Janae came!)

1 comment:

sauter signs off said...

And the beans are soooo good!