Sunday, December 27, 2009

Annie the Musical

12.12.09
After Tian's first birthday party, Justin and I rushed off, a second night in a row, for a date! It was our last play of the year to attend and I was extra excited. It was the production of Annie, which was my all time FAVORITE play growing up. From the age of 3-7 I grew up in Utah and was very close to my grandparents. My grandpa, Grandpa G.Pa was heavily into plays, directing, singing and starring in them. (HE actually is still directing them!! Amazing, at the ripe old age of 82!) When I was growing up, he was Daddy Warbucks in a production. I went and saw him perform, I was taken backstage to meet Annie and Sandy, the dog, and for Christmas that year, I was given Annie memorabilia galore.

We had Shelbie babysit for the second time! Trey was very excited to have her; she must have made a great impression. Tian was still a bit wired from the birthday party he had just attended, so, he wasn't in bed when I arrived with Shelbie. This stressed me out just a bit, but thankfully, Tian goes down like a champ when it comes to bedtime and didn't give her any problems!

When Annie began, I was a bit confused. The Annie I had always pictured in my head looked like THIS:




And this is the Annie that was up on stage before my eyes:

A very different looking Annie. I soon got over my frustration and found myself singing along, in my head of course. PLUS, Annie's parents were sitting directly behind us, so, I am glad I didn't say anything I shouldn't have!

I still think my favorite song is: "You're Never Fully Dressed without a Smile!"
Miss Hannigan was AWESOME! She was nasty, crude, larger then life (in more ways then one!), and a great drunk!!!

I am looking forward to next years productions! We signed up for our season tickets this past Summer, with the same seats, if not better! I can't wait for what is in store for us and the theater!

The productions this year were:
Seussical, the Musical (I took Trey to this one. We had a huge babysitter mishap, but it ended up being a perfect play for Trey to attend. He really liked it, although he was FREAKED out in the beginning.)

The Adventures Of Tom Sawyer (I was out of town in Bend for Easter and had forgotten about this play. Justin was pretty sad, he would have gone)

The King and I (the King was actually Daddy Warbucks and is pretty talented.)

Les Misérables (Totally forgot about this play. Don't even remember when it was scheduled for)

Sweet Charity (the strangest play we have seen. When I told my grandfather about it, he just rolled his eyes and basically said it was distasteful! I agree!)

Beauty and the Beast (We were unable to change the date of this play, we had a prior engagement we needed to attend, so, we gave our tickets to Shane and Chelsea Ann)

Annie

2010 Theater Schedule:
I Do, I Do (which is a Valentine's Dinner Theater Production! I can't wait!)

Sound of Music (one of my favorites!)

Willy Wonka (will make me want to eat chocolate!)

Into the Woods (don't know a thing about it!)

Jekyll and Hyde

Cinderella

The theater is something Justin's parents always did while living here in Nampa. I am so happy we have continued the tradition! AND, I am so grateful we have found not one but two babysitters we fully trust and love!

No comments: