Thursday, December 31, 2009

spa W

12.21.09
I was told a few weeks ago that my parents had something planned for me on the 21st of December and NOT to plan something. Sunday evening, my Dad presented me and my Mom with a very familiar package. My Mom usually gets the same package every Christmas, but I wasn't expecting to receive something similar. My Dad treated my Mom and I to a day at the spa! When I opened my gift certificate, my Dad turned to Justin and said, "She will come back a different woman!" My Dad knows me all too well. How could you NOT enjoy a day at the spa!
I have NEVER spent a whole day at the spa and was soooooooooooo excited to be spending a day with my Mom! I don't remember the last time I spent any sort of time ALONE with my Mom!

Our day was spent at spa W in downtown Bend! My Mom told me to go without makeup, and don't expect to leave the spa looking pretty! She was RIGHT!

The package we were gifted was the Wrapcity which included:
Salt, Sugar and Honey Scrub and Shower
Steam Room Experience
90 minute Massage
Facial
Lunch
Pedicure

Just listing these experiences makes me want to fly back to Bend and go again! It was the greatest, most relaxing day I have had in a VERY long time! A lot of my relaxation was due to knowing my little guys were in great hands with Justin and Grandpa Bend.


Here we are, infront of spa W prior to our day of relaxation!


This spa is beautiful and huge. Up this staircase is where I had my salt, sugar and honey glow. The steam room and the facial room is on the upper level as well. After this picture was taken, my mom and I departed to our various "treatments!" I went and had my honey, salt, and sugar scrub with Carolynn and my mom had her massage.

Carolynn was a very sweet, petite single mom (well, the day I came into the spa, her husband was supposed to be signing their divorce papers!) to two little boys. The first thing she asked me was if I was related to Drew Bledsoe. I am asked that frequently when I am in Bend; Drew Bledsoe has retired from football in Bend, Oregon. I told her I am sure we were related somehow. She said she had just called Drew's wife to ask if I was any relative of theirs. Carolynn's son's are friends with the Bledsoe's boys. Drew was one of her son's flag football coach. Now wouldn't THAT be nice to have a professional football player as your son's football coach.



One funny yet uncomfortable experience, besides being completely nude and having sugar, salt and honey scrubbed all over your body, was the steam room. I was bundled up with a sheet and a bathrobe. It was so humid in the steam room, I didn't think I could breath. But, when I laid down and got all cozy, it was heavenly.

After the steam room, I was taken back into the salt scrub room and "showered off." I laid on this bear claw tub and about 5 shower heads above me, controlled by Carolynn rinsed my body off. A bit uncomfortable, but I figured, I am sure Carolynn has seen all different kinds of people in this room.

After the salt scrub and shower, I went downstairs for my 90 minute massage. I am so used to my friend's Sommers massages, I was interested in seeing what Carolynn was going to be like. She was a bit rougher then Sommers, in fact I think my muscles were sore the next day, but made me feel so comfortable. While I was getting my massage, I also had my feet wrapped in parafin wax. It was heavenly! When it was time to leave Carolynn, I was so comfortable, but also a little sad. I had had such a wonderful morning with her, I wanted to chat some more. She left me with a hug, and I was on my way for my facial!

I was nervous for my facial; I had just been "diagnosed" with paraoral dermatitis (basically, a rash around my mouth) and I didn't want the facial to agitate it more. I don't know how many layers of creams, moisturizers or exfoliants was put upon my face, but they all felt so nice. My hands were wrapped in parafin wax, which was so comforting. I was so at ease, comfortable and warm, I think I must have fallen asleep twice because I woke myself up by snoring. TWICE!
The aesthetician told me I had signs of sun damage and I needed to use some Vitamin C and E oil on my face. She gave me a sample to try!

After my facial, I met my mom for our lunch and some more relaxation (not like I hadn't been relaxing already!). The salad we had for lunch was DELICIOUS! Here we are, all cozy!





We ate our yummy candy coated nut chicken salad in the "Relaxation" room. We chatted about the Tiger Woods scandal and enjoyed eaves dropping on the older women who were getting their pedicures!
I ate the WHOLE thing! All that relaxation sure increased my apetite. Don't I look "beautiful?" SCARY more like it! (bless Justin for having to wake up to THIS face and hair every morning!)



My Mom didn't eat as fast as I did!

The last event for our relaxation day was pedicures! We had two of the funniest, easy going ladies do our toes. We enjoyed listening about their lives, their kids, and their work days.

(In the above picture, it looks like I am holding a pregnancy test in my left hand. I assure you I am not! I got to keep my nail file. Gee, thanks spa W! )



My disgusting feet. I usually have pretty feet, but these days, my poor little piggies have seen better days. I closed our man door to our garage on my right foot, and I dropped a bread loaf pan on my left foot big toe. The sweet girl who was doing my pedicure looked a bit alarmed when I displayed my "pretty piggies" and said, "Do those hurt?!" She insured me my big toe nail is about to fall off (and the day it does I will probably puke. That will be disgusting, BUT, I am sure I will blog it.) and that an acrylic toe nail would protect my toe until the other one grows in. WHICH, she informed me, will be in ONE YEAR! DISGUSTING! One year without a toe nail. GROSS!


Our pretty toes. Mine is the one with the bruise! AND, the nasty big toe nail, which is covered up nicely by the bright red polish! I usually go with a french pedicure, but, I know a pale pink would NOT cover up my blackened nail! GROSSS I tell you!
I am so grateful I was able to spend the day with my Mom. We had the most relaxing day ever, thanks to my Dad. Thank you Dad! We love you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that sounds like my dream day! i'm glad you had a good time!

sauter signs off said...

Except for the pictures where I looked like your grandma (not your kids grandma) I loved your post. Could I cut and past it on my blog and change a few things.. I really need to do it!