Saturday, January 2, 2010

100 things about me



This has taken me close to a year to gather. Being my first post of 2010, I thought I would start off by listing 100 things about me:

1. I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
2. I am the oldest child in my family, the only girl, and the first grandchild born on both sides of my family.
3. Out of 6 members in my family, I am one of 3 which are left-handed.
4. When I was 7 years old, we got our first puppy, his name was Higgins. Our family friend, Laura Courtright took me and Higgins to Dog Obedience school. I didn't know it, but Laura had lied on the school application and said I was 8.
5. I began taking piano lessons at the age of 3 but still have a difficult time reading music and playing at the same time.
6. I like to cook but am terribly messy at it.
7. I have broken each arm twice and each leg once.
8. When I was in the 7th grade, I was suspended for the rest of the school day for starting a water fight in art class with a boy named Erik Nelson. I had to call my mom from the Principal's office and tell her I had gotten suspended. When I arrived home, there was a note taped to the front door which read, "Welcome Home Jail Bird!" My mom didn't think it was as big of a deal as I did I guess!
9. I have para sailed
10. I have pet a shark, swam with stingrays, held walking sticks, and pet a sea turtle.
11. When I was a small child, a Roley-Polly bug gave birth in the palm of my hand in my grandparents front yard.
12. I have talked my way out of many speeding tickets.
13. I have ran out of gas while on the road. I was 8.5 months pregnant with Tian and on my way to work. Thank heavens for our friend Oscar Williamson who drove me to my car after I had already walked home and grabbed extra gas which was intended for the lawn mower. He was a lifesaver!
14. I have been on a blind date with a guy from out of state set up by my uncle Mark. It was one of the most fun dates I have ever been on.
15. I took Trey into a modeling agency when he was 2.5 yrs old for an audition. I received a call the following day saying Trey had not been chosen for the job but they were interested in me. Personally, I think they were out for money and probably called all of the moms who took their children in that day!
16. When I was 10 years old, the Portland Trail Blazers were at the peak of their success with the NBA playoffs. My family had just moved into Jerome Kersey, one of the players neighborhoods. The neighborhood kids and I would often walk to his house in hopes to receive his autograph. We were disappointed when he only gave out dum-dum suckers for Halloween. He was spotted walking around the neighborhood once with his girlfriend and their baby. THAT was the talk of the street!
17. I once traveled on the back of a motorcycle from Martinez, California to Oakland, California with my dad just to purchase Oakland A's tickets. (When the "Bash Brothers" were the hottest thing around!) Along the way, I swore I saw the "Full House" house. Prior to leaving on our motorcycle drive, I remember my mom making me promise I would not fall asleep!
18. I began wearing glasses in the 6th grade. At that time, I was really into Sally Jesse Raphael, the talk show host. So, my first pair of glasses were red-rimmed, just like hers.
19. My oldest brother once pant-sed me on the school playground in front of my friends.
20. In Elementary school on Fridays, I swore by the rule, "Friday Flip-up Day." If I decided to wear a skirt on a Friday, I made sure to always remember to wear shorts underneath. My skirt was never flipped up.
21. I have always been a sucker for "boy-bands." New Kids on the Block in the 5th grade, Backstreet Boys, *n'Sync, and 98 Degrees.
22. I had braces twice, and my first root canal was at the ripe old age of 14.
23. My Dad attended just about every one of my volleyball games, even though I sat on the bench.
24. My favorite chore to complete: The bathrooms
25. I paid for Justin's wedding ring with a job in the art department at BYU-I. It required standing still for several hours at a time, wearing only a pink leotard.
26. I was in a fatal car accident, only a few miles from my home a month after my senior year in high school. The accident resulted in one death. To this day, I nearly stop at that intersection and watch for any oncoming traffic that might run the stop sign.
27. I have been known to laugh so hard I have peed my pants. THIS only occurred prior to having children. Now, my bladder is made of steel! (not literally!)
28. I can't roll my tongue or whistle.
29. I have 2 college degrees with 2 board certifications in radiology.
30. The smell of anything vanilla makes me nauseated.
31. I was the co-captain of my senior year cheer leading squad. I am still close with the captain, Abbey, who I either text or speak to 6 out of 7 days of the week.
32. I live about 5 miles away from my highschool/college friend and bridesmaid: Chelsea Ann.
33. I am not a drug seeker, but required every drug imaginable while in labor with Trey.
34. Slept with my baby blanket until I was 28.5 years old, and not ashamed of it!
35. I never finish a glass of milk.
36. Justin's grandfather was my bishop when I was 8 years old and interviewed me for my baptism.
37. My hair started going WHITE at the age of 26.
38. I love fabric softener!
39. I go to football games just to watch the cheerleaders routines and I watch the Superbowl just to watch the halftime show!
40. I love to people watch; especially in airports.
41. I love mullets; or at least laughing at them!
42. My 1st concert was a "Last Chance Summer Dance" in Portland Oregon. I went before my freshman year in high school with a bunch of friends, my mom took us and stayed to watch! "Sister Sledge" was one of the performers as well as the one-hit-wonder "Wet, Wet, Wet." My second concert was my Freshman Year of college with a bunch of friends and roommates. We saw Shania Twain in Pocatello, we had amazing seats, AND, ironically, Justin attended the same concert. This was prior to meeting Justin.
43. The most annoying sounds: The door beeping because it is open, loud eaters, complaining, whining, and parents yelling at their kids in Wal-Mart.
44. When I was in the 3rd grade, my dream profession was to be a hairdresser.
45. I am envious of photographers talents as well as organized mothers.
46. I love peanut butter and used to eat it by the spoonfuls.
47. The Summer prior to my freshman year in high school, everyday for lunch, I would eat a s'more. I would eat an entire chocolate Hershey's bar, two large marshmallows and 2 graham crackers.
48. I once ate an entire giant Butterfinger candybar, and then puked after eating it. To this day, I can't enjoy a Butterfinger Bar without the thought of puking.
49. I take pictures every day.
50. I feel guilty for just about everything.
51. I usually always lose my car in the mall or grocery store parking lot.
52. Two of the greatest sounds to my ears are my boys laughing, and my boys sleeping soundly. So soundly, they snore; JUST like their Daddy!
53. I still use the "touch-point-system" for math problems.
54. I am an ambulance, firetruck and police car chaser!
55. I met Dirk Kempthron and spent an ample amount of time with him (prior to the HIPPA law)at my work.
56. I went to the Bourne Supremacy movie premiere and got the opportunity to spend some "time" with Matt Damon! (at least, I sat and watched him for about 45 minutes chat with media and fans. I was just the pesky picture taker!)
57. I was engaged at 19 and married at 20 year of age.
58. Justin and I were in a "Newly Wed's Game" an Idaho Fall's radio station put on. We participated 2 months before we got married. We came in 2nd place and received a free Bridal Photography session and a dinner gift certificate. We didn't agree on one of the answers I gave to a question which made us lose the game. My brother and sister-in-law James and Tina attended the final round which determined who won!
59. When I get nervous, I cover my ears instead of covering my eyes.
60. After getting my braces off for the first time, I had a pink and a purple retainer. After getting my braces off for the second time, I went all out. Months prior to the big day, I saw in a Teen Magazine a Tye-Dyed retainer and asked my orthodontist if I could have one made. They said it was so difficult to make, mine would be "one of a kind!" It probably helped that I was the orthodontist's, Dr. Session's, babysitter.
61. When I was either 3 or 4, I was riding a horse and fell off. I landed face first into the ground.
62. I am allergic to the drugs Sulfa and Raglan. I am also sensitive to Latex used in Dental equipment and gloves.
63. My first Christmas away from home, which was also my first Christmas of our married life, I was sick with a kidney infection.
64. While in college, I read a study about test taking. I had read if you eat a candy bar right before taking an exam, the chocolate will help you retain information and in return, help you score well on tests. I took this as a commandment and always ate a candybar prior to taking an exam in college.
65. I once read if you want to know if a guy is staring at you, YAWN. If they truly are looking at you, they too should yawn. I tried it, it never worked.
66. I had a friend in middle school that I was connected to at the hip. WE used to tell people we were cousins and most people would believe us.
67. I attended my Freshman Year of High School at West Linn, Oregon prior to moving to Bend, Oregon. My senior year, our Bend Senior High School played West Linn High in the State Football playoffs. I got to cheer and stunt at the playoff game in Portland, Oregon in the stadium. We lost to West Linn.
68. I read the book, "Be the Hero of your own Life Story" prior to my Senior year of high school which changed the way I looked at the choices I made in my life.
69. I used to hate Christmas Music.
70. I dip my chicken nuggets and pizza crust in honey.
71. Growing up I feared two things: Homelessness and Cancer. Two things I knew nothing about. I am still scared of Homelessness, mostly homeless people. Especially if they are men and have a beard.
72. Foods I hated growing up that I enjoy now are: shrimp, Mac 'n Cheese, cottage cheese and string cheese.
73. Memories of my Dad: School clothes shopping, monthly Daddy/Daughter dates, attending every volleyball game, taught me how to drive, applications to colleges, flew my best friend from high school from Florida to Oregon for the Summer as a surprise to me, video taping me at my cheer leading appearances, he enjoys chick flicks and is the grocery shopper who loves coupons!
74. Memories of my Mom: She has kept a "boy box" full of boy "stuff" she received from old boyfriends (she brought them out one evening my dad was out of town when I was younger. We had the a fun time laughing and giggling over some of the things she kept and the stories that went with them!), the excitement I had coming home from school and spilling all of my stories, my drama and my stresses of the school day I just endured to her, she always helped me answer my "dance requests" with creative responses, she would take me and my friends "T.P.ing" before we had our licenses, when I was younger, she took me with her to meet some of the stars from Days of our Lives, we attended a fashion show at Nordstroms, we would go to Arctic Circle and ask for the Potato Soup-"but please hold the potatoes" (we thought that was the funniest thing ever!), she would drive me and all of my friends EVERYWHERE in the big brown van, we would always say how "New Year's Eve" was so over rated, and We enjoyed watching beauty pageants and parades together.
75. I would secretly take pictures of my crushes in the lunch room. Once, I slept with my crushes picture under my pillow! SICK I know, but I was in the 7th grade!
76. I had two black freckles removed from my skin which manifested themselves AFTER both of my pregnancies. Both had "abnormal cells."
77. My biggest fear with Trey's birth was that I wouldn't have time for an epidural and there wouldn't be enough drugs in the pharmacy for me.
78. I was a horrible child from the ages 8-10. I never rebelled or acted out as a teenager because I felt so much guilt from the way I acted when I was younger.
79. In kindergarten, I got in an argument with my teacher over the spelling of my middle name, which is "Ann." I thought it was spelt "And."
80. When I found my "Dear Santa" letters stashed in my parent's closet from years past, I cried. I hadn't realized Santa didn't exist until that point. I was probably way too old be still be believing!
81. When I broke my arm for the first time, my doctor scared me into not getting my cast wet by telling me a horrible story. He told me he had a patient who was homeless and didn't take very good care of himself. He would take baths in a stream with his cast on. When the doctor went to remove the homeless man's cast, the man's skin came off with the cast. It wasn't until a few years ago I realized that this story was probably a fib just to scare me into taking really good care of my cast. Maybe it WAS true, but I do think this is where the fear of homeless men manifested itself!!!
82. I have lived in California, Utah, Oregon and Idaho.
83. I have gone to Hawaii, Cancun, Cozumel, Costa Maya, Princess Kayes, the Grand Cayman and Canada.
84. I played volleyball but was so horrible, I was made the "designated server," and was subbed out of the game after I served.
85. Halloween costumes I have been: Punk Rock Barbie, a Beauty Queen (twice), a present, and Raggedy Anne.
86. I have worked as a nanny, tanning salon receptionist, for The Redmond Air Center/Smoke Jumpers, BSU Health Center, Central Oregon Builders Association, Optometrist Assistant, Figure Model, x-ray tech, mammo tech, and a MOM!
87. For a slumber party my senior year, we drove around collecting "For Sale" signs. We put them all in one girl's yard we attended school with. Not only did we put the signs in her yard, we also forked her lawn. After her home, we went to a guy's home we went to school with and T.P.ed his yard. We learned a few days after t.p.ing the guys home that he no longer lived at that home and it was now occupied by an elderly couple. We felt horrible but too embarrassed to go clean up their yard.
88. For cheer leading initiation, I was woken up by my squad and was made to wear a bike helmet around town, along with going without my contacts. I had a choice, I could brush my teeth OR go blind. I chose fresh breath. When we were taken to breakfast, with my helmet on, we were joined by the football team; which included my boyfriend at the time. I wanted to die. I think the most embarrassing part of the whole experience was that my squad found me sleeping in my parents bed. My dad was out of town on business and I had gone out on a date the night before. I came home and spent the night chatting with my mom. I ended up falling asleep in her bed. She said she had tried to wake me up to go to my bed, but I refused to go. AHHHHH! Embarrassing!
89. The first thing I noticed about Justin was his smile and very straight, WHITE teeth.
90. My brothers participated in the sport of wrestling at a very young age, therefore, I attended their meets on a regular base. I grew up attracted to the wrestling type of guy. I dated two wrestlers while in high school.
91. I asked Justin what I was forgetting to list, and he wanted to remind myself that I can still fit into my cheer leading uniform. HMMMM, I don't think that is a very exciting fact, but I guess it is somewhat of an accomplishment.
92. Although I have had my ears pierced since I was 12, I hardly wear earrings.
93. I like talk radio; especially if it involves entertainment news.
94. I will end the year with a cavity filling even though I haven't eaten candy for a year.
95. Our wedding reception was held in my parents barn and our wedding announcements were sent out of the oldest post office in the U.S. The post office was in a little town outside of Portland, Oregon called Bridal Veil. The postage stamp, which said, "Bridal Veil" the postmaster placed on the envelope was made extra large JUST for the wedding announcement envelopes.
96. My parents live on a working cattle ranch, although I have never held any ranching responsibilities (the began ranching their property AFTER I got married!).
97. I began texting this year and LOVE it!
98. I have served in multiple church callings including: Relief Society Counselor, Activity Committee member and then President, Sunbeam Teacher, Young Women counselor, CTR-5 teacher, 11 Year Old Teacher, Gospel Doctrine Teacher, and now Activity Days Leader.
99. I sleep on the side of the bed closest to the door.
100.I turn 30 and will celebrate my 10 year wedding anniversary in the year 2010!

3 comments:

sauter signs off said...

Rebec, during one of our moves I came across your mother's box of old flame material - I did not think it was very fair of her to keep it since before we were married her girlfriend (julie) and her visited me in San Francisco. One day while I was at work they went through my entire townhouse and throw out anything they could identify as coming from a former girlfriend! good thing we ended up getting married. I also remember the day I took you to get your ears pierced.

sauter signs off said...

Hey Bob.. how were you able to post... humm.. no fair.
Rebecca, I am impressed with all that you wrote down. You inspire me!!!

sauter signs off said...

SO many things made me laugh.. some I didn't remember and some of the bad, not so good things you got from me!!!
I think I'll try 50 things about me! Maybe by the time I turn 51. We will see, but you sure inspired me!