Monday, January 14, 2008

Boise Stampede!

1.5.08
Our friend Geoff Moore keeps the score for our local semi-pro Basketball team, the Stampede, and invited us to watch a basketball game! After Trey's nap, I told him we were going to be attending a basketball game that evening with Angie and Sydney, and he said, "Can I wear my basketball shirt?" We had bought a red Nike basketball shirt a few weeks earlier and just had never put it on him. He thought it was a perfect opportunity to wear it, so we couldn't pass it up!

We arrived at the arena and Angie informed us that the officials were not there, the game was delayed at least an hour because they were having to FLY the officials in. It was a perfect situation because we could sit and chat with Geoff before he had to work on the stats and Trey and Sydney could play before the game began.

I think one of the highlights of the game was when they were OBVIOUSLY trying to kill time and had a "dance-off" at center court. I have heard the Soulja Boy song dozens of times, and have heard of the "Soulja Boy Dance" but had never seen it in action. Well, one of the tallest, blackest players on our team got out in the center of the court and began to perform the Soulja Boy dance. He was AMAZING! Soon, there were other players out there dancing, as well as a ton of kids who OBVIOUSLY were serious Soulja Boy fans! I could have watched them all night, I was thoroughly entertained!

The officials made it, lugging their luggage across their shoulders, and the game began. Our team KILLED THEM!!!

Trey and Sydney enjoyed playing in the Astro-jump house as I tried to keep from falling on my face. Angie stood outside the screen wall as we played, she is pregnant and was much safer on the outside. Kids are so rough! I was that
nasty mom who was shielding her children from the rest of the crazy kids, giving the "stink eye" to any child that came remotely close to my kids!

We are so grateful to have friends we love spending time with. Angie and Geoff have been through just about everything with us, school, weddings, child rearing (Sydney and Trey were born on the same day!), birthday parties, swimming lessons, you name it, we have probably done it! We love you guys!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I've had a hankering for learning that dance ever sense I saw it on Ellen, of all places, about fore months ago. I say we go clubbing for bookclub and learn that dance. Looks so fun. I don't like country line dancing but hip-hop it totally up my alley.