Sunday, October 5, 2008

Planet Kid-thanks Sommers!



9.24.08
Sommers is truly one of the greatest friends someone could possibly have. She had offered to take Trey for the afternoon to Planet Kids so Tian and I could have some time; just the two of us.



Trey was so excited to spend the afternoon with Sommers and his friend Shaydon. After his nap, he helped me get his carseat out, got some snacks together, a pair of socks (he had to wear socks in Planet Kid!) and waited patiently outside in his carseat, waiting for Sommers.

Sommers came bearing gifts, she is always doing such nice things. She made a chip-board book for me and brought me a bag full of assorted candy corn. I have learned so much about friendship from Sommers!

I got a little sappy watching Trey drive off with Sommers. I said a little prayer to myself that Trey would be on his best behavior and that they would arrive to Planet Kid in safety. As they drove off, I realized I have not placed Trey in someone else's car, other than a family members, EVER! I knew he was in good hands with Sommers and Shaydon.

Scott was meeting Sommers at Planet Kid after his work day, and then Justin was meeting them as well.



I sent my camera with Sommers to document Trey's fun afternoon with her. Sommers said they spent a lot of time in the Toddler Town, which was supposed to be for children 2 and under, but they didn't seem to question Trey's age.

They loved the ball pit!



Trey and Shaydon in the balls






Justin and Trey in Balls


Shaydon exiting a slide. Look how brave he is!!!


Shaydon


Shaydon and Scott playing "peek-a-boo"


Look how high Trey is


Trey and Justin

After working up an apetite, Trey, Justin, Sommers, Shaydon and Scott went to dinner at McDonalds!

Thank you Sommers for giving me an afternoon to myself with my newborn. I was able to relax a bit in front of the T.V. and ran errands to WalMart.

You are a wonderful example to me Sommers. I can't wait to return the favor and watch Shaydon when YOU have a newborn!

1 comment:

Sommers said...

We had such a good time, thanks for letting us take Trey man. I can't believe how much hair Tian has?!!! I love it...