Saturday, October 11, 2008

Settler's Park

10.1.08
I took Trey to Tian's 2 week Well Child Check and I was so nervous. I haven't really taken both boys out together and didn't know what to expect from Trey. I bribed him with a package of fruit snacks and that seemed to do WONDERS! (Fruit snacks are a real treat for him. Not that I wouldn't LOVE to have them around the house because I personally think they are AWESOME. But, Trey would eat them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and I wouldn't hear the end of his begging for fruit snacks.) He played all by himself in the exam room and talked to the doctor only when he was spoken to. (He has the tendancy to talk, talk, and talk. I am not complaining ONE BIT about him talking, it is just the point that he talks and wants everyone undivided attention that I was afraid of. But, he only spoke when Dr. Archibald asked him questions. He is NOT one shy toddler!) After Tian's appointment, Dr. Archibald asked if Trey wanted a sticker. He had all kinds of stickers but Trey chose the Swiper from Dora sticker. Dr. Archibald responded to Trey's choice of stickers with the phrase, "Swiper no Swipee, Swiper no Swipee," and Trey finished the sentence with, "Oh MAN!" HILARIOUS! One more reason Dr. Archibald is the best! He KNOWS kids! (AND, he also hooked us up with a gift bag FULL of formula and samples. You can't go wrong with free formula!)

So, because Trey did AMAZINGLY well at Tian's appointment, I took him through the drive-thru at Burger King and off to the park to eat our lunch. Well, we didn't eat at the park AT ALL, but we did have fun.



One of Trey's recent skills: Hopping on one foot


Usually when I would take Trey to the park, I would be one step behind him, watching his every move. Now with a newborn strapped to me like a Kangaroo, I can't move around as easily through a playstructure like the old days. Trey did wonderfully and I think he enjoyed his freedom and independence.

No comments: