Tuesday, March 24, 2009

"I'm a BIG KID now!!!!"

1.24.09
I had a patient once who worked at the hospital, testing premature infants and their breathing while sitting in their infant carseats. I guess they have to pass a "test" before being discharged from the hospital. She had told me that it isn't safe on any infant to be in an infant carseat past the age of 4 months. At that point, Trey was 7.5 months old and we were cramming his chunky-monkey body into that itsy-bitsy infant carseat. It was definitely time to switch. We had thought Trey had to stay in that little thing we called a carseat until he was 1 year old. WRONG!

Now that Tian is 4 months old, he is riding high in a big boy carseat! (not really a "big boy" carseat. It is made for infants as small as 5 pounds, to toddlers up to 40 or 50 pounds!)

This is Tian in his big boy seat for the first time!



I turned my back for a split second, and this is what I caught those two cute boys doing....


Holding hands! Trey was so excited to be sitting BEHIND the driver, and he was actually really jealous TIAN was getting a new carseat! I bet he can't WAIT for a booster seat!



I know Tian looks terrified in these pictures, but I think he really enjoys his new ride! He can look out the window, and he can see Trey a lot better!

No comments: