Tuesday, March 24, 2009

my black *freckle*

1.19.09
So, as Justin lay in bed sick with Trey, watching the Obama inauguration, I packed up Tian, stopped at my friend Sonya's home, and then off to Dr. Hall's office for a Dermatology appointment. Just as a background, after I had Trey, I noticed a black freckled had grown on my stomach, in such an area that it couldn't be seen until I lost that baby belly. I had Dr. Hall, my trust Dermatology doctor and wife of one of our Radiologists, take a look, and sure enough, after a small incision, an abnormal pathology report, and then an even LARGER incision which they classified as SURGERY (NASTY!), my freckle was taken care of gone, NEVER to be seen again.

Well, after having Tian, what do you know, another freckle appeared. This time on my back. I hardly EVER look at my hair from behind, but for some reason, I decided to REALLY get ready one morning and I saw it, the freckle, staring RIGHT BACK AT ME! I freaked and called Dr. Hall immediately. Justin was a little nervous, my incision on my stomach took about 2 years to heal and there is STILL a scar from it. Justin was imagining this nasty, huge scar across my back and didn't want me to be scarred for life. Me, I didn't care. I wanted it gone!

My appointment went well. Dr. Hall gave me an over all check out, even between my toes and in my hair on my scalp, and the black freckle stood out to her as well. So, with a little biopsy scalpel and a few stitches, it was taken care of. Tian was taken care of by the sweet nurse who loved on him the entire appointment. 10 days later, with both boys in tow (for good reason!) I went and had the stitches removed and went over the pathology report. Everything came back NEGATIVE! Dr. Hall also looked over Trey, who is so fair skinned. Trey has a brown freckle, which I have always thought was cute, until I realized it could be something worse. It is along his jawline on the left side of his face and to me it looks normal. To a doctor, it could look bad. Sure enough, it is normal! Thank heavens! So, this summer, when you see Trey in full attire in the dead of summer (hat, swim shirt, swim shorts, shoes and sunglasses) you will know it was "doctors orders!" Now, if I could just keep sunglasses and a hat on Tian!

No comments: