Friday, May 21, 2010

furnace

3.30.10
What was going to be the fastest service call turned into being the longest 2 weeks in our furnace's history. We have lived in our home for 8 years now and we have had maybe one or two little fixes on our furnace; nothing too large. I decided to have a heating and cooling company come clean out my dryer vents and clean our furnace. Well, after an hour of dinking around in our garage, the heating guy determined we had several cracks in our furnace and deemed our furnace "not in compliance." Basically meaning, we could have carbon monoxide leak into our home. You know that freaked me out. I was paranoid.

We had a second opinion, this man found even more cracks and more problems with our furnace. It looked like the repair was going to cost between $1500 - $5000. A friend of mine, Jessica, drove pass our home when the second heating man was in our garage. She later called me, like a great friend she is, and asked if everything was okay with our furnace. I told her about all of our problems, and in return, she told ME about two amazing men in our ward that fix and install furnaces on the side!!!! Meet Brother Barney and Brother Deason; our new favorite friends!

(Brother Barney was well aware I was taking pictures, so, he purposely ducked his head down. What a funny guy!)

We were told it would take over 3 hours to repair our furnace and cost over $1500. These men removed, cleaned and installed our new furnace within an hour. And it didn't cost anywhere NEAR $1500! Thank you so much men. I now no longer have dreams of my babies dying in their sleep due to carbon monoxide poisoning.

No comments: