Thursday, May 20, 2010

easter egg hunt

3.25.10
James invited us to his neighborhood's easter egg hunt. Justin was out on a bike ride training for his summer of races, so, I thought it would be a nice activity to do. I parked at "the cousins" home and we walked over to their neighborhood's park for the big hunt.






Tian really understood what to do with the eggs. He only got a handful but that was enough to make him happy.

Trey went hunting with Tacy and Grandma Marie.

After the hunt, the boys and their cousins all gathered together to check out their loot. Tian proceeded to eat a piece of candy but forgot to take off the foil. The foil must have gotten stuck in his throat because he began to gag, and then puke all of his candy up, right in front of all the happy hunters! Always when you least expect it, a boy of mine pukes.

Another highlight of the afternoon, I basically schooled James in a race to his home from the park. I had Trey and Tian in our double stroller and I had on my Diesel slip on shoes. James had Tyson and Tacy in his double stroller and he was wearing his running shoes. At the same time, we both began running. I finally had to stop running just so he could catch up! Ahhhh, victory!
(actually, he probably was going easy on me, but I had a few reasons for not winning. First, I wasn't wearing my proper running shoes. Second, I had just about the same amount of weight on my stroller as he did, AND, I am smaller then him. THAT is how I justify schooling James!)

No comments: