Friday, May 21, 2010

Monkey Do's, Camille Beckman, and...snow



3.30.10


It is spring break in the Bledsoe Home and I wanted our family to celebrate spring with a few special events. One of which was to get haircuts at Monkey Do's in Eagle. After having Trey's hair dyed blue at the Kid's Fair, he has wanted to go into the salon and get a new do. So, we did.



It was Toddler Tuesday which means toddlers got a discount. Trey wasn't considered a toddler (boo hoo. I can't believe he is as old as he is!) but Tian was. Cinderella was playing on all of the tv's in the salon (totally not a boy place) but Trey and Tian were happy with the selection. Trey basically got a buzz (poor kid doesn't know what to do with ultra short hair. And his hair was looking so cute spiked!) and Tian got a trim. They both got to sit in a car while getting their hair cut. Trey chose a Hummer 2.....




... and Tian chose a Barbie Jeep.




This is the only picture I got of Tian. For the rest of his cut, after standing by this Jeep, I had to hold him steady in the jeep or he was going to take a flying leap out of it.



I was a bit disappointed with the service. The lady cutting my boys hair was not very enthusiastic, or personable for that matter. She was VERY quick, but I think we paid for her "quick job" in the long run. (Justin noticed a ton of mistakes in Tian's hair, and like I mentioned before, Trey basically got a glorified buzz. ) I much prefer Annabelle. But, Annabelle was basking in the sun on a Hawaiin beach.



For the last 8 years, I have passed by the Camille Beckman factory off of Chinden Road and have always wanted to stop in and take their "self guided" tour. I know, I am a total dork, but I have had a few patients who have been employees there and have urged me to come and check it out. Monkey Do's is not too far from the factory, so, I thought this could be a great learning experience for not only Trey but for me as well.







Trey loves lotion, and when I told him we were going to go to a lotion factory, he was stoked.



This is what the factory looks like. Isn't is too pretty to be even considered a factory?!!!





We let ourselves into the factory and began and ended the "self guided" tour within about 3 minutes. Seriously! There were two windows to peer into, many boxes to look at and ONE employee pasting labels onto bottles of lotion. I couldn't believe it. 8 years of wondering what the tour was like and it was done within 3 minutes. After our "tour," the hallway led into the gift shop which was every girls dream. Beautiful in every which way, crystal items, jewelry, lotions galore, and trinkets. Everything any child would want to get their hands on. Surprisingly, the employees were really encouraging and complimentary. They wanted us to look around, I on the other hand, wanted to high tale it out of the gift shop area. After saying "thank you" to the employees, we walked out to find THIS.......






Terrible. This was supposed to be spring.

No comments: