Thursday, May 20, 2010

sommers luncheon

5.8.10
My bestie Sommers and I have been through a whole lot in our 9 years of friendship. We have been through 3 college graduations, 2 camping trips, 2 road trips, many doctors appointments, and many late nights. All of which happened before our little boys entered this world. Now Sommers is expecting her second boy, and I was fortunate enough to snag the wonderful opportunity to help shower her with a baby luncheon! We had it at one of our favorite lunch spots Willowcreek Grill.

Sommers is the craftiest person I know; so, it was very difficult to find something I could make for her "thank you" parting favors that she already hasn't made. Low and behold, I found a whole blog of fun, crafty, practical crafts that I am now obsessed with. The blog is written by this witty, cute, and mama to two named Nancy who is so kind to explain each of her crafty crafts. This is what I made, thanks to Nancy's help, for the parting favors:



Sommers has an amazing collection of jewelry, and to by honest, I wasn't thinking of the other guests! So, I made jewelry displays for each friend. I was thinking about the things Sommers loves! #1. Jewelry. #2. Shaydon. So, my second parting favor was a CD of Shaydon's favorite music.





(I love my new CD software! It will be perfect for Senior Picture season. I have used it a ton already and love the little added touch to a CD!)

It was nice visiting with Sommers friends Kelli and Cara. They truly care about Sommers and took some time out of their busy schedules to join us for lunch. Sommers
is always thinking of others and supporting them through what life may bring; it is so nice to see others can return the love!




Lastly, to end our eventful afternoon, we got mani/pedi's! Sommers bought me a pedi gift certificate for my birthday in hopes that I would use it for when she was about to pop with baby by #2. OF course, I wouldn't have used it with anyone else! It is our tradition!


I love you Sommers and hope you know how much our friendship means to me! Now,deliver that sweet baby so we can meet him!

3 comments:

Nancy said...

You are so sweet, I love your jewelry holder, and what a great shower gift. You are such a nice friend to do all of that for your friend's shower. Thanks for sharing and thanks for your kind words, they made my morning!

Tommy and Jolynn said...

LOVE, love, love the favors!! Both of you are the craftiest people I know! The lunch sounded wonderful! Wish I could have been there to celebrate also!! ;)

Sommers said...

You are such a GREAT and wonderful friend. I hope YOU know howmuch I appreciate you! Thanks for all you did for the shower!!