Sunday, August 31, 2008

BBQ at the Dittrichs/Idaho Stampede 2008

7.14.08
The Dittrich's invited us over for a BBQ and then to the Idhao Stampede Rodeo. We joined the William's, the Adams, and April's sister and brother in law. The Dittrich's have the most amazing backyard, perfect for any age. The biggest hit was a huge pipe which you can roll inside of, down a hill in their back yard.


-Oscar and Zachary William's-


-Trey helping Justin push the pipe-


-Zachary, I promise, he is not crying!-




Justin and Shane decided to battle it out "old skool" on the pipe. They could have entered into an old lumberjack contest. Next event, ax throwing and log chucking.





Trey enjoyed the Dittrichs trampoline and swing set.


Onto the Stampede. Thankfully I sat next to Vicki Williamson because her and I both screamed, cheered, and yelled at the same things! After watching "Mutton Bustin'", I decided I really will never get Trey involved in the rodeo circuit. Just watching what these rodeo lovers make their children go through at such a young age to prep them for the "big time" made me cringe.






We left a bit early due to a sleepy cowboy. I felt so bad for Justin, he carried a sleeping Trey from our balcony seat in the arena, all the way to our car. THEN, as I was thinking of poor Justin's arms and back,and how sore he would be tomorrow, I started to feel a little stiffness in my legs. I looked down and realized I had elephantitis of the legs. (I said a silent prayer at that moment that my huge legs would only last for an evening and I would have my old legs back in the morning!)Sitting for 3 hours does a number on the circulation of a pregnant woman. We were a hurting unit that night.

No comments: