Sunday, August 31, 2008

We Love to See the *Twin Falls* Temple


7.16.08
We had the most amazing opportunity to tour the Twin Falls Temple prior to the dedication. Tina was so kind to get us tickets for a tour. What a blessing, we have 4 temples within about 5 hours from our home.

Trey was very excited to go to the temple, but probably more excited to tour it with "the cousins."





Some interesting facts about the Twin Falls Temple:
-It has one of the largest Angel Moroni's
-It has one of the largest sealing rooms of any temple (they say it can hold 120 people in it!!!)
-Murals by Leon Parson's are throughout the temple. One framed painting was actually cut out from the Rexburg temple to make a door. The cut mural was then framed and placed in the Twin Falls temple.

**As I walked into one room with a mural, something very familiar came over me. I asked the tour guide if by chance the artist was Leon Parson. She said, "Yes." I was very familiar with Leon Parson's work. To earn money for Justin' s wedding ring while attending Ricks College, I worked in the art department as a figure model. Yes, I wore a pink leotard and stood for many hours in awkward positions, selling my "figure" for art, in exchange for Justin's ring. (A little unknown fact about me. Even my good friend from High School Abbey had no idea about this tidbit of my life. Embarassing but true!) Leon Parson's was the instructor. On a side note, one day I was asked to pose with a male model, who Leon was drawing for a figure in the Idaho Falls Temple. (At the time I worked for Brother Parson's, he had already completed a mural in the Idaho Falls Temple Celestial Room. He painted his daughter among other figures in the celestial room. His daughter was often recognized from that mural, and had to later be painted over because of her exposure and recognition.)
He is a very amazing artist and feel very lucky to have worked with him.***

After touring the Twin Falls Temple, we drove onto Salt Lake, for a Bledsoe Family Reunion and staying with GiGi and G.pa, my grandparents!

No comments: