Sunday, August 31, 2008

Boat Ride with Grandma Marie

7.17.08
Trey really wanted to go on this boat ride but I wasn't about to let him go by himself with his cousins. The two prior rides he had been on were enclosed, but this one was out in the open, and he is so tiny, I could just imagine him flying out of the boat. This Lagoon Park wasn't so great for my nerves!!! Trey was begging me to go on the boat, and I told him, "I am sorry, but I can't let you go." At this moment, my mother in law, Grandma Marie walked up to me and asked if I was going to be going on the ride with Trey. Now that I look back at the conversation, I feel terrible at what came out of my mouth, but at that split moment, the only thing I could say to Marie was, "Marie, you have seen what I do on a REAL boat, do you think I would step onto THAT boat?" (If you need a refresher, find my Cancun, Mexico blog entry from our sailboat trip and you will be kindly reminded of WHAT boats do to my stomach!) She said, "Oh, yeah, that's right. I will go with him." What a saint! She jumped on with the grandkids and they all had the greatest time. Thankfully she is brave, fearless, and lacks the motion sickness gene Justin and I seem to have.
Poor Trey will grow up never joining us for scary rides.








Now do you see why I would never step foot on this ride? Besides puking after the first turn of the boat, poor little Tian would have shakin' baby syndrome in-utero.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Hey I posted some of Sarah's pictures on my blog, so check them out.

Marie said...

This has been so much fun watching the reunion all over again.
Love Grandma Marie