Saturday, September 6, 2008

Friends

9.16.08
We are so blessed to have such great friends. We were anxious to show off our new little guy, and the first two sets of friends that came to the hospital were Chelsea and Shane Stevens, and Sommers.

Chelsea and Shane had a very busy weekend scheduled and wanted to see Tian before they went out of town. Chelsea came to the hospital when Trey was born and brought me a Vanilla Coke, something had lived without with Trey's pregnancy. This time she brought a Vanilla Coke, and the cutest burp rag. It has skulls and cross bones on it and I just LOVE it!


me and Chelsea Ann


Shane


Shane, Chelsea and Tian

Next, Sommers came for a visit. Sommers had been working and barely said hello to Baby Shaydon before heading over to the hospital. She brought us some yummy Peach Smoothies from Jamba Juice and her ever so famous and to die-for burp rags. Two of which have a black and white color scheme, one has red and yellow flowers. I love her creativity and kindness!


Sommers and Tian meeting for the first time


me and Sommers

You know you have the bestest of friends when they don't tell you how bad you smell (I STILL hadn't showered. GROSS!) and they don't make fun of your baby's nappy hair (Tian hadn't had a bath yet EITHER!).



I told Sommers and Chelsea the one person missing from this picture was my friend Abbey from Bend. Our picture would be complete if she was there. But, thanks to modern technology, and Chelsea's lighthing speed fingers and texting powers, we were staying in close contact with Abbey. We sent her pictures of Tian and his nasty hair and cute little face and contacted back and forth through texts. I wish she had been there :( .



Tian and his nappy hair pre-bath. We thought he might have curl, but no, it was just the dirtiness of his hair.

Trey was such a good sport, but a little wild, so during our visits with friends, my mom took him home for bed. He was running as fast as he could, from one wall to another shouting all kinds of things. He was making Shane laugh, making me a little nervous that he was going to trip someone. My mom said he barely made it out to the car before he crashed for the night.

Thank you Steven's and Sommers for joining us for Tian's first night in this world. We are so blessed to have you as our friends.

Thank you mom for taking Trey for the evening. This was my second evening away from Trey, and I was so happy he was in your kind and caring hands. Thank you! He sure does love you.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Ok this is weird. Chelsea is a friend of mine too, she was actually just at my house a few weeks ago! Small world!!

Hills said...

I love the pictures of Shane and Chelsea! I love them! And you look great!