Saturday, September 6, 2008

Pirate Ship

7.17.08
You know your son is growing up way too fast when they want to attempt a serious "big kid" ride. This Pirate Ship used to be my ALL TIME favorite ride at Lagoon. I had to have been in Kindergarten or 1st Grade when I discovered it.

Well, because it was a Pirate Ship, Trey had to test it out. Justin and I were very hesitant to let him board the ship. Justin wasn't about to step foot on it, but enough family members were going, we felt Trey was safe enough.

Trey waited patiently with Grandma Marie for their turn on the ride.

Grandma Marie taking Trey on the Pirate Ship. Look at that sweet face, he looks nervous!

Justin and I just looked at eachother like, "What did we just do?!" We were scared to death for our little man. Did we make the right decision? Were we letting him try it too early? Is he going to be scarred for life?

Grandma Marie said he began by holding on for dear life and once the ride began, he became more comfortable with it. He even tried to hold his arms up like Aunt Kiska.


Kiska is in blue with her hands up in the air


A ton of family members on the boat. Trey with Grandma and Grandpa, with cousin Cyrus, and across from them is Aunt Kiska, Uncle BJ and cousin Emma, who is younger then Trey by about 2 months.



But once he let go of the bar and tried to hold his hands up, Marie said he began to get a little scared, and didn't look as excited for the rest of the ride.

Justin and I just stood with our eyes glued to the ship. I couldn't even get one second of video in fear of what I would miss. I was on pins and needles. Like I said in an earlier post, this day was NOT good on my nerves!


We were so happy and relieved to see the ride come to a final stop and we rushed over to see how he did. Marie carried him off the ride. Justin and I both agreed he looked terrified. We asked Trey, "How was it?" He said, "it was scary. It made my heart hurt" as he clutched his chest.

If you look closely, Trey is holding his heart. I didn't even notice it when I took the picture, now that I look back, I want to cry for him. Poor, poor guy. He probably didn't know what the heck was going on with his heart. I was terrified for his health. For the rest of the evening, being the paranoid mother and also a health care worker, I kept asking him how his heart was feeling. And to be honest, I couldn't sleep that whole night. I laid right next to him with my hand across his chest. Can 3 year olds have heart attacks? I was a happier person in the morning when he was back to normal and asked to go back to Lagoon!

No comments: