Saturday, September 6, 2008

Last Day before the Arrival

9.15.08
I know I have mentioned this numerous times on my blog, but I have got to mention it again. Miss Michelle is sent from heaven and is my saving grace. She is wonderful and I simply do not know what I would do without her friendship and her compassion towards our Trey-Man.

I wanted to run some errands before Tian's arrival and contimplated calling Michelle. I usually take Trey to Michelle's on Mondays, but this Monday was an extreme exception. I was planning on spending the day with my little Trey-Man, but simply didn't know how I was going to run errands with him in tow. I broke down and called Michelle, asking her if I could drop Trey off for a few hours and pick him up before his nap. She said, "Of course!" She said, "Rebecca, this is a day for you. This day is your last before you become a mother of two, you need to stop thinking about Trey 24-7 and think about you for a change." She is so sweet, she needs to take her own advice. She is always thinking of others, including her two sweet children over herself. She is wonderful; I love her.

So, I dropped Trey off Monday morning, feeling guilty as ever, and as I was leaving, Michelle said, "And I don't want to see you back her unto 3:30. If I see your car any earlier, I will NOT open my doors." I didn't know what to do with myself. I had 5 hours, and felt liberated. Thank you Michelle for giving me the greatest gift a person could give. Freedom to take care of business!!!

Sommers had given me a gift certificate for a pedicure and I thought I could possibly have time to get one. The salon took walk-ins, and sure enough, we were the only clients there for pedicures. This was such a great experience. Talking with Sommers, playing with Shaydon, getting pampered. Who could ask for anything more?!


One day and counting, thank you Michelle and Sommers for making this possible!


Sommers and Shaydon


Pedicures with Sommers


Next, it was off to Target to get some much needed baby supplies: Gas relief drops (Trey needed those regularly. Who knows, Tian could inherit such a sensitive tummy too!) baby pain relief medicine and baby lotion. Thanks Marci for the Target Gift Certificate! It went to great use!

Onto the mall next for a going home outfit for Tian. I had purchased two others but just didn't feel right. (Am I a freak or what?!)



I found this outfit, in an "up to 7 pound" size and thought it was perfect. I was so excited. I bought the outfit and hat and called it good.

I then went to Dillards to find a shirt for Justin to wear to the hospital. I know, I am the biggest dork and very dumb, but as I was nesting (which, nesting for me was updating my blog. I had already cooked and cleaned weeks ago, it was NOW time to update my blog as much as I could!) I noticed Justin definitely had a favorite shirt because he was wearing it in SO many blog posts. I couldn't stand the thought of another picture of that shirt. I am the biggest DORK! Sorry! I found a perfect black and grey Hurley v-neck and fell in love. I also found a very cool, vintage looking green shirt for Trey that said, "Ride Free" with motorcycles on it for Trey to wear to the hospital. My mom teased me saying she would bring Trey to the hospital in a St. Patrick's Day shirt and sweats with moonboots. I knew her better then this, and we both laughed. But, I did want him to feel special wearing a special "Big Brother" shirt to the hospital.

I then wanted to smell good during labor and have fallen in love with a new lotion: Rain Kissed Leaves by Bath and Body works and had a coupon for it! I bought two lotions and one lip gloss.

Thanks to the ladies at IMI I then shopped at Babies R Us, sadly, the first time I have been in there since I found out I was pregnant. I bought a Post Pregnancy Girdle (we will see if it really works!) and a baby bath for Tian!

Lastly, I dropped off a baby gift for a friend and headed home for Trey! Grandma Bend would be showing up in about 2 hours and I was so excited to see her!


This is a picture courtesy of Trey! We sat and waited for Grandma Bend on the couch.


Trey and I waiting for Grandma Bend

Grandma Bend arrived and Trey was SOOOOOOO excited. She brought many toys and gifts for him. His most favorite thing: Disney books on tape. Grandma Bend planned on playing them for bedtime stories and he couldn't wait!


Yeah, Grandma Bend is here!

Last picture before the big day!

Large and in charge!

Thank you Sommers, Miss Michelle and Mom for making this day possible! I love you three and am so grateful for what you have done for me!

2 comments:

Angie Miller said...

Oh, Rebecca! I am so glad you got some time for yourself before the big day. You are such a good mom, and I am so happy for you. Congratulations!

Wendy said...

Congratulations! His is such a little cutie. And so much hair. You were right, he doesn't look like Trey. Call if you need anything!